Saturday, July 12, 2008

Reflection: Eyejot Video Message

Ok, this was a quick, fun assignment. We were instructed to create an account on Eyejot.com, and record both a profile video and a video message to the group of 1-3 minutes. Although I felt that I looked a mess, I thought I offered authentic realism in the glimpse into my grad student life. (No glamour here! *smirk*)

Signing up on the website was pleasantly quick and simple, as was uploading my photo and recording the videos. I actually completed this assignment from start to finish, within 20 minutes, and several of those minutes were spent re-recording my videos because I didn't like how I looked or sounded. I liked doing this assignment, so much so, that I stopped working on my webquest to do something a little less involved.

As a tool, I believe that Eyejot may have more social applications than professional, as few reports can be delivered within the one minute maximum message length. It is good that there is no need for the sender or recipient to download any software, which makes Eyejot easy for a variety of users to use. However, similar webconferencing tools with archiving abilities, such as DimDim and others, offer the same free functionality, plus the ability to record entire presentations and lectures. I believe that this particular tool is better suited to embedding short greetings in blogs and websites than true instructional applications. View my Eyejot message here.

No comments: