Monday, July 21, 2008

Reflection: Slideshare Presentation

I think I jumped up and down when I realized that the final project was a presentation instead of a paper. There comes a time in every doc student's life when the prospect of another paper - that is NOT your dissertation - leads one to contemplate violence. I chose a topic near and dear to my heart, the use of universal design in the development of online courses.

My presentation is to be a guide for teachers who must design their own course websites, although the topic is certainly relevant to developers at "higher" levels. Whenever I mention online courses to faculty or students, I get a passionate response. Right now, that passion is overwhelmingly tipped in the negative direction. I believe that the design of an online course, that is, the actual interface and navigation that a student must interact with in order to access course content, is a major deterrent to student success in online courses. The gist of my dissertation is to see if this is really true. (Please, please, PLEASE let there be significance!! LOL)

Please feel free to let me know whether or not you found the presentation useful. You may reach my presentation on Universal Design in Web-Based Instruction here.

No comments: